Key features & Technologies
Network Manager is a mandatory component of DAEMON Tools Net infrastructure that contains two features:
- License Server handles license activation and validation so Data Servers and Clients are not required to have live Internet connection to work.
- Deployment Center enables to install Clients on remote workstations.
Data Server offers all functionality available in Client and provides specific server features:
- iSCSI Server
- Shared Image Catalog
Client is designed to use Data Server resources. All common DAEMON Tools Pro features are available to users:
- Emulation. Add up to 16 DT, 16 SCSI and 4 IDE virtual devices.
- Working with disc images. Create, edit, convert, manage and burn.
- DAEMON Tools Gadget, etc.
iSCSI Server provides new ways for most flexible usage of optical drives in your network with iSCSI technology. Common iSCSI Server features are:
- Create up to 16 iSCSI targets (optical devices only).
- Share physical and virtual devices to access them from remote workstations.
Embedded iSCSI Initiator supports iSCSI targets (optical devices only) created on Data Server or third party iSCSI servers. It is integrated to DT Virtual Device that allows mounting iSCSI targets as disc images.
Shared Image Catalog organizes and shares disc images collection stored on Data Server. Clients can mount the shared images as local ones.
- Unable to mount images from Network Image Catalog if NetBIOS is not used in the LAN;
- Deploy/Update/Uninstall operations failed in some cases;
- Incorrect role is deployed when installing Client after Data Server on the same PC;
- Activated Data Server is not shown in Network Manager;
- Client info is not refreshed after performing Revoke command;
- Unexpected adding of nonexistent images to Image Catalog;
- IDE device disappeared after standby or hibernation;
- Minor bugs.
- Major improvements of service work, Network Manager and Gadget;
- iSCSI protocol improvment;
- Acquiring credentials when mounting network shared images to iSCSI targets;
- APE, FLAC mounting and sharing through iSCSI;
- SPTD 1.83 (Windows 8 support);
- GUI redesign and improvement;
- Flexible scheme of adding DT and SCSI virtual devices;
- SPTD: attached devices read speed improvement;
- Storing of encrypted proxy password in the registry;
- Image converting as a group operation;
- Enhanced extractor for burning protected discs in image editor;
- Setup changes and improvements.
SP3 32-bit / SP2 64-bit
Windows 2000 SP4
up to 4.36.0310 Windows Server 2003
32-bit / 64-bit