- Windows 98
- up to DAEMON Tools Lite 3.47
- Windows 2000
- up to DAEMON Tools Pro 4.36.0308
- up to DAEMON Tools Lite 4.35.6
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 7
- DAEMON Tools Pro 4.35.0306 or later
- DAEMON Tools Lite 4.35.5 or later
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- DAEMON Tools Pro 4.35.0306 or later
- DAEMON Tools Lite 4.35.5 or later
- Windows 8
- DAEMON Tools Pro 5.2.0
- DAEMON Tools Lite 4.46.1
- 500 MHz CPU
- 256 MB RAM
- 30 MB hard drive space for installation
Serial number is a 32-symbol code required for activation of a paid license. Once you have purchased DAEMON Tools software, you are registered to Disc-Soft.com. You can download program setup, get serial number and manage your license via your account at My Licenses page.
You do not need any serial number to install DAEMON Tools Ultra Trial, DAEMON Tools Pro Trial or DAEMON Tools Lite, which is free for home and non-business use. Just select Trial License in DAEMON Tools Ultra or DAEMON Tools Pro setup wizard and Free License when installing DAEMON Tools Lite.
DAEMON Tools is not freeware. Only DAEMON Tools Lite is free for home and non-business use. In case you want to use DAEMON Tools in any organization, you need to buy a license.
We highly recommend installing full functional 20-day trial of DAEMON Tools products before buying to check whether this software meets your requirements.
Please note, in case you used DAEMON Tools trial before, the 20-day period will be reduced to 3 days.
Our online manuals help finding answers to common questions on how to use DAEMON Tools software. Please visit:
Also you can ask questions to DAEMON Tools community forum.
You can find a lot of helpful information about DAEMON Tools and share your experience with other people at our community forum.
On program issues, please contact our Technical support.
- Submit a support request at our contact page. If you have a purchase fill "Contact e-mail" field with e-mail address, which you used when ordering DAEMON Tools.
- Contact support team using Disc-Soft.com account. This is more preferable for paid customers to get premium technical support in the shortest possible time.
- Submit request via DAEMON Tools: open context menu in tray, select "Help" and "Submit Request" item.
We do not want you to pay for the software you do not need. So you are welcome to test the fully-functional trial versions of our products before buying them. Still we may refund your order during 30 days after the purchase if the purchased product doesn't meet the declared requirements. Note that the information on daemon-tools.cc is promotional and may not cover all features and functions of the software.
All refunds are individual, so feel free to contact our support team if you encounter any problems with the purchased products. Also, visit Terms of Sale page to get more details.
DAEMON Tools software activation is associated with your Operating System and to some hardware components in your PC.
In such cases you need to complete the following steps:
- Log in to your Disc-Soft.com account.
- Click "Show details" to open the list of systems DAEMON Tools was activated on.
- Click "Revoke" link to unassign DAEMON Tools from old Windows system etc.
Now you can use DAEMON Tools on your second PC, new hard drive, operating system etc.
Otherwise, you can order additional instances by clicking "Add instance" button.
DAEMON Tools Ultra and DAEMON Tools Pro can be run on all systems if your license has a corresponding quantity of Instances. Please log in to your Disc-Soft.com account to check "Instances" quantity of your DAEMON Tools Ultra and DAEMON Tools Pro license.
In case Instances quantity is not enough, you can:
- Order additional instances by clicking "Add instance" button.
- Unassign DAEMON Tools Ultra or DAEMON Tools Pro from the selected system using "Revoke" link. Then you will be able to run the software on a different system. In this case using "Revoke" option will be required every time when switching between systems to run DAEMON Tools Ultra or DAEMON Tools Pro on.
DAEMON Tools iSCSI Target can be used on 3 PCs (servers). For additional servers you should buy as many DAEMON Tools iSCSI Target licenses as you need with 3 available servers each.
In case a virtual or physical device does not appear in Explorer:
- Check whether it is listed in Device Manager.
If you cannot find the device even in "Other devices" list, please reboot your computer and check BIOS settings. In case no device is found in BIOS you have a hardware problem.
- Open "General" tab to check the device status.
- Open "Drivers" tab to update the device drivers.
If you cannot find the device in Explorer after completing steps 2 and 3 but it is listed in Device Manager, you seem to have a problem related to operating system.
Similar cases were discussed at DAEMON Tools forum:
No drive letter(s) assigned to the virtual drive(s), or virtual drive(s) disappear
Unable to set new drive letter under Vista
Likely, Autorun (Autoplay) is disabled in your Windows so you cannot browse the disc image immediately after mounting.
Open My Computer and try to browse the disc image, open folders or copy files to your local hard drive. If you can perform all these actions it means you have mounted the image successfully.
Usually, the problem is caused by incompatibility of DAEMON Tools and security software like Comodo Firewall (or Zone Alarm) that can block SPTD driver.
Please complete the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Download SPTD for your 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.
- Run the driver setup and click Update (or Install)
- Restart Windows.
- Run SPTD setup the second time. If you can see "same SPTD version was detected" text then the driver was installed successfully.
- Re-install DAEMON Tools.
Some security programs (antivirus, firewall, HIPS etc.) can block SPTD driver. So you should check your security software settings first.
If you continue getting this error message, please visit our forum to find some troubleshooting information:
DAEMON Tools does not provide mounting disc images via "Open with..." menu in Explorer. You can mount by double-clicking on an image file instead. Just enable needed file associations in DAEMON Tools to mount disc images in two clicks.
DAEMON Tools Lite users:
- Open "Preferences..." in tray menu.
- In "Integration" section select file extensions you want to mount via Explorer by double-clicking on an image file.
More detailed information is available in DAEMON Tools Lite manual.
DAEMON Tools Pro users:
- Open "Tools" menu and select "Preferences..." menu item.
- Select needed file extensions, configure and group context menu items if needed.
DAEMON Tools Pro manual provides more information.
You can make an order using a shopping cart on daemon-tools.cc. The serial number will be delivered electronically to your email. Later you'll be able to access and manage your license anytime with your personal account.
Available payment methods depend on your location. Here is the full list of supported payment systems:
Please note that this payment method is NOT eligible for microtransactions (5.00 EUR/6.00 USD or less).
You should pay the WebMoney invoice by using Keeper, and then come back to Disc-Soft.com and press "Checkout Invoice" button to complete the order.
You will be redirected to Paymentwall website to proceed with the order.
Note that refund is not available for Yandex.Money. You will need Webmoney or PayPal accounts in this case.
Please note: The Brazilian bank system confirms paid boletos on the next business day from Tuesday to Saturday.
Please note: Available for Brazilian customers only.
Go to the Control Panel, find Programs section and choose Uninstall a program. Find DAEMON Tools in the list and click Uninstall/Change button.